You are here
Retail Web Order FAQ
We hope you enjoy our coffees as much as we do. We do our best to describe the characteristics of each coffee, and we stand by the quality of every single batch we roast. We also recognize that tastes differ, and that when someone takes a chance on something new, he or she might not love what they choose. Our overarching goal is to bring you, our customers, the best coffee experiences possible, and we do our best to ensure that you are satisfied with your purchases. Below are some common questions regarding our coffees and how ordering works:
How is my order roasted, packaged and shipped?
- When is my coffee roasted?
- Do you ship whole bean or ground coffee?
- What size bag does your coffee come in?
- When will my order ship?
- Can I schedule a future order?
- What payment methods do you accept?
- Can I get a refund?
- Where will you ship orders?
- What is Flat Rate Shipping?
- What happens if my packaged is returned to you?
- When is my coffee roasted? All coffee is roasted to order and will be roasted on the next business day after the order is placed. For example, if an order is placed on Monday, it would roast and ship Tuesday. If ordered on Friday, it would roast and ship on the following Monday.
- Do you ship whole bean or ground coffee? We only ship whole bean coffees because it helps maintain freshness and we believe great coffees are at their best when brewed within 30 minutes of grinding.
- What size bag does your coffee come in? All our coffees are shipped in 12 oz. one-way valve bags for freshness, unless otherwise noted.
- When will my order ship? Standard orders received by midnight, Eastern Standard Time, will be shipped the following business day. Standard orders received Friday–Sunday will be shipped the following Monday.
- Can I schedule a future order? We cannot offer order scheduling for standard orders.
- We will refund the cost of up to two 12 oz. bags of a single selection per order.
- To receive a refund, unused portions of coffees must be returned at the customer's expense.
- Shipping costs may not be refunded.
- Refunds will be honored up to 30 days after roast date, but not afterward.
- To request a return, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, including your order number and which coffee(s) you would like to return and why.
If you are unhappy with a coffee purchased somewhere other than our webstore, first contact the original vendor for a return or exchange. If no resolution is achieved, please reach out to us and we will do our best to accommodate.
- Flat Rate Shipping is not available for orders being shipped to Canada.
- Please provide a physical mailing address if possible with Flat Rate Shipping orders.
- If you receive packages at a PO Box, you must choose flat rate shipping.
- Orders shipped under the Flat Rate Shipping offer will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail, UPS Ground, or comparable service—without explicit or implied guaranteed transit time—within the United States and to APO/DPO addresses at our discretion and does not apply to expedited shipping options.
- Flat Rate Shipping orders of 4 or fewer 12 oz. bags generally ship—without explicit or implied guaranteed transit time—via USPS Priority Mail or comparable service, while larger orders generally ship via UPS Ground.
- On Federal Holidays, when the USPS is closed but Counter Culture Coffee is operating, Flat Rate Shipping packages will be roasted and prepared as normal but will be held and shipped the following business day.
- Please check your shipping information for errors if your order is eligible for our Flat Rate Shipping offer and this option is unavailable during checkout.
If you have a question that is not answered in this section, please email email@example.com or check out the Contact Us page for more information.