Web Order FAQ
- How is my order roasted, packaged and shipped?
- What payment methods do you accept?
- Can I get a refund?
- Where will you ship orders?
- What is Flat Rate Shipping?
- What happens if my packaged is returned to you?
1) How is my order roasted, packaged, and shipped?
- When is my coffee roasted? All coffee is roasted to order and our systems are set up so that coffee will be roasted and shipped on the next business day after the order is placed. For example, if an order is placed on Monday, our systems schedule that order to be roasted and shipped Tuesday; and, if an order is placed on Friday, it is scheduled to roast and ship the following Monday. On occasion because of roasting machine capacities and other external forces, your order may contain coffee not roasted the day it ships. We do not warehouse roasted coffee.
- Do you ship whole bean or ground coffee? We only ship whole bean coffees because it helps maintain freshness, and we believe great coffees are at their best when brewed within 30 minutes of grinding.
- What size bag does your coffee come in? All our coffees are shipped in 12 oz one-way valve bags for freshness, unless otherwise noted.
- When will my order ship? Standard orders received by midnight, Eastern Standard Time, will be shipped the following business day. Standard orders received Friday–Sunday will be shipped the following Monday. On occasion, one of our delivery carriers may suspend their normal business operations. On such occasions, there may be a brief delay before your order ships.
- Can I schedule a future order? We cannot offer order scheduling for standard orders.
2) What payment methods do you accept?
We currently accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover. Because of the card validation requirements of our site, internationally-issued credit and bank cards, excluding those issued in Canada, are not accepted. Please email [email protected] for help resolving a payment issue.
3) Can I get a refund?
Because we roast to order, the following rules apply:
- We will refund the cost of up to two 12 oz. bags of a single selection per order.
- To receive a refund, unused portions of coffees must be returned at the customer’s expense.
- Shipping costs may not be refunded.
- Refunds will be honored up to 30 days after roast date, but not afterward.
- To request a return, please contact us at [email protected], including your order number and which coffee(s) you would like to return and why.
What if I purchased at a coffee shop/grocery store/restaurant?
If you are unhappy with a coffee purchased somewhere other than our website, first contact the original vendor for a return or exchange. If no resolution is achieved, please contact us, and we will do our best to accommodate.
4) Where will you ship orders?
We ship coffees and wares throughout the United States and Canada. Shipping to Canada is handled through UPS, which will assess brokerage fees at the recipient’s expense and may incur additional charges.
5) What is Flat Rate Shipping?
Flat Rate shipping allows you to pay one flat fee for shipping regardless of the quantity of items you order. We will then determine the appropriate shipping method to use to deliver your coffee. The following restrictions do apply:
- Flat Rate Shipping is not available for orders being shipped to Canada.
- Please provide a physical mailing address if possible with Flat Rate Shipping orders.
- If you receive packages at a PO Box, you must choose flat rate shipping.
- Orders shipped under the Flat Rate Shipping offer will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail, UPS Ground, or comparable service—without explicit or implied guaranteed transit time—within the United States and to APO/DPO addresses at our discretion and does not apply to expedited shipping options.
- Flat Rate Shipping orders of 4 or fewer 12 oz. bags generally ship—without explicit or implied guaranteed transit time—via USPS Priority Mail or comparable service, while larger orders generally ship via UPS Ground.
- On Federal Holidays, when the USPS is closed but Counter Culture Coffee is operating, Flat Rate Shipping packages will be roasted and prepared as normal but will be held and shipped the following business day.
- Please check your shipping information for errors if your order is eligible for our Flat Rate Shipping offer and this option is unavailable during checkout.
6) What happens if my package is never delivered or is returned to you?
If your package has gone missing or has been returned to us, please contact us and we will do our best to resolve the issue in the most appropriate manner possible. We have no way of know about these issues unless we are notified and we are more than willing to work toward a mutually beneficial solution when these errors occur.If you have a question that is not answered in this section, please email [email protected] or check out the Contact Us page for more information.
- What is Coffee Subscription?
- How do I create a Coffee Subscription?
- What will happen after I create a Coffee Subscription?
- How do I make changes to my Coffee Subscription deliveries?
- How do I make changes to my Coffee Subscription account information?
1) What is a Coffee Subscription?
A Coffee Subscription is the most convenient way to enjoy freshly-roasted Counter Culture Coffee. We automatically send you a fresh batch of your favorite coffee based upon your chosen frequency. The program is easy to use and customizable, and you can make changes online whenever you need. Just tell us how often you want your coffee, and we’ll take it from there. Each subscription order receives 10% off and low-cost Flat Rate Shipping of $3.You always have complete control over your Coffee Subscription orders, and we send an email reminder 10 days before each order ships. You can change your delivery frequency, next order date, or quantity anytime by visiting ‘My Subscriptions’ located within the My Account section of counterculturecoffee.com. Changes and cancellations can be made any time before the next scheduled shipment date.Please note, recurring subscriptions are not able to be shipped to Canada at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience.
2) How do I create a Coffee Subscription?
Making a Coffee Subscription is easy; it can be done while browsing on a subscription-eligible product’s page, on the Subscriptions category page, or while reviewing items in the shopping cart. To subscribe, simply select the Coffee Subscription option for your desired subscription-eligible coffee, your desired quantity of bags per shipment, and select your preferred shipment frequency, then check out as normal.
3) What will happen after I create a Coffee Subscription?
After you join the Counter Culture Coffee Subscription program, you will receive an email confirming your subscription. This email will include a link to access ‘My Counter Culture Coffee Subscriptions’ where you can manage your future orders, Coffee Subscription items, and Coffee Subscription account information. We will place your Coffee Subscription orders automatically according to your selected frequency, and you will only be billed on the day the order is shipped. Prior to each Coffee Subscription order, we will send you an email reminder. You will also receive email notifications regarding other important information related to your Coffee Subscription account, such as cancellation of your subscription or confirmation when an order is placed successfully.
4) How do I make changes to my Coffee Subscription deliveries?
If you have any other questions, please call (888) 238-5282 x2, (919) 361-5282 x2, or email [email protected].
Estimated UPS Delivery
Estimated USPS Delivery