De-stress from the hustle and bustle of your day with this easy-to-make-at-home, cozy fall drink.
This citrusy brew uses orange, ginger, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks, and coffee for a delicious drink that will fit right in with any campfire or bonfire. Serve with a s’more or a shortbread cookie on the side!
Coffee Hot Toddy Recipe
Simple syrup yields 6–12 beverages
- 30 grams fresh, peeled and sliced ginger
- 2–3 broken cinnamon sticks
- 115 grams brown sugar
- 230 grams water
- Juice of 1 orange
- Strips of orange peel for garnish
- Freshly brewed hot coffee of choice. We recommend Hologram.
- Create a simple syrup. Add ginger, cinnamon sticks, brown sugar, and water to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and add the juice of one orange. Continue to simmer until the mixture is reduced and thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a glass, stir together 1 ounce (28 grams) of the simple syrup and 10 ounces (283 grams) of hot coffee.
- Twist the orange peel strip over the glass to release the aromatic oils.
Make this drink at home and share with #CounterCultureCoffee