This drink was created to raise money for the Coalition for the Homeless in New York City. Coconut milk + Coalition = Cocoaliton!
The main ingredient that makes this drink so special is a condensed milk with rhubarb jam. To make sweetened condensed milk, you must take milk of your choice (dairy or plant-based) and heat it to remove the water. Add sugar and rhubarb jam to create a thick and creamy consistency that gives the drink a unique texture. While sweetened condensed milk is often used in baking, it makes a delicious addition to coffee recipes.
Rhubarb Cocoaltion Recipe
- 398 grams (one can) of unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- 28 grams (8oz) of rhubarb jam
- 64 grams of wild honey (or agave)
- 8 grams sugar
- 100 grams of Táche pistachio milk
- A double shot (2oz) of espresso. We recommend Hologram.
- Pinch of hibiscus tea powder
- Make Rhubarb Jam Sweetened Condensed Milk: Whisk together the unsweetened full-fat coconut milk and rhubarb jam in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Once combined, add honey and sugar and whisk thoroughly. Drop the temperature to a simmer and whisk the mixture about every 10 minutes, for 50-70 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced between 1/4 and 1/2 of the initial volume. Set aside.
- Pour pistachio milk into a glass.
- Add in 40 grams of the rhubarb jam sweetened condensed milk.
- Pour in a freshly pulled double shot of espresso and stir thoroughly.
- Add a scoop of ice.
- Top with a pinch of hibiscus tea powder and stir.
*Shift Drink was a monthly event held throughout 2022. On the last Friday of every month, we opened our Training Centers as a pay-what-you-want pop-up cafe. Each region rotated and choose an organization in their city to raise money for and created a signature beverage to serve. We are back to hosting our cornerstone Tasting at Ten event every Friday at 10am in a city near you. Learn more and stop by for a free tasting!