There is nothing better than enjoying brunch with a coffee and a mimosa. But, what if you combined the two?
Espresso + mimosa = Spro-mosa!
With a couple of tweaks, you can make the perfect morning drink combining two breakfast beverage essentials. This recipe adds an apricot syrup for a simple, elegant, and celebratory drink.
Give the Spro-mosa a try and let us know what you think! We're positive it'll become a Sunday brunch tradition. Cheers!
- 50 grams apricot preserves
- 50 grams water
- 2 ounces Orangina (or another carbonated orange drink)
- 2 ounces of Fast Forward espresso
- Make a apricot syrup by combining apricot preserves and water over medium heat. Stir until the jam dissolves. Remove from heat and set aside. Optional: You can strain out the leftover pulp if you would like.
- Add the Orangina to a champagne flute.
- Pull a double shot of espresso.
- Add apricot syrup, espresso, and ice to a cocktail shaker. Shake for about 15 seconds to cool.
- Pour the contents of the shaker slowly over the Orangina to create layers.
Make this drink at home and share your photos with us using #CounterCultureCoffee.