You've probably made a lot of coffee in your life, but have you made a coffee with berries? Keeping in mind the berry notes that are inherent in Hologram, we decided to amp up the flavors for this recipe with a strawberry jam essence. The natural sundried component of the coffee gives it a jammy punch and additional dimension.
This recipes pays tribute to spring by taking inspiration from a dessert that brings with it feelings of nostalgia—strawberry shortcake!
Strawberry Shortcake Coffee Recipe
- 100 grams oat milk
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 20 grams strawberry jam
- 20 grams water
- 2 ounces espresso
- 8 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Note: you can substitute the whipping cream for a vegan alternative.
- Make acidified milk by stirring together the oat milk and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Make a strawberry essence by heating strawberry jam and water. Stir until the jam dissolves and then strain out most of the solids. Set aside.
- Make whipped cream topping. Combine heavy whipping cream and sugar into a Mason jar. Fasten the lid tightly and shake back and forth until the cream is lightly whipped. This takes 3-4 minutes and is a great arm workout. The cream is done when the noise of sloshing liquid cream becomes quiet. The resulting cream will be creamy, but not yet firm, allowing for it to float on top and be sipped with the drink.
- Pull a double shot of espresso.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine 20 grams of acidified oat milk, 30 grams strawberry essence, and espresso.
- Add ice and shake to chill.
- Strain into a glass and add a dollop of whipped topping.
- Garnish with a pinch espresso grounds and a strawberry slice.
Make this drink at home and share your photos with us using #CounterCultureCoffee