Our team in Chicago came up with this coffee drink version of a peach pie. Yep, you read that right. And it’s as delicious as it sounds!
There’s nothing quite as scrumptious and summery as peach pie, and the flavors also work great in a latte. This is an easy twist on a classic if you are craving a sweet, decadent, fruity drink. The key to bringing out the pie flavors is to torch a cinnamon stick over an open flame to add that toasted flavor.
Peach Pie Latte Recipe
- 3 grams peach extract (We tried making our own, but after some trial and error, we decided on Happy Home Premium Natural Peach Flavor)
- 5 grams wild honey (or agave)
- Double shot of espresso (2oz). We recommend Apollo.
- 227 grams Oatly Barista Edition Oatmilk
- Whole cinnamon sticks
- Add peach extract and wild honey to a latte cup.
- Pull a shot of espresso over the peach and honey. Swirl to melt and combine.
- Steam milk to latte texture and pour into your vessel.
- Smash cinnamon sticks into 1” pieces.
- Torch a piece of cinnamon over an open flame until you hear a crack and before it catches fire.
- Top your drink with the charred cinnamon stick.
Shift Drink was a monthly event held throughout 2022. On the last Friday of every month, we opened our Training Centers as a pay-what-you-want pop-up cafe. Each region rotated and choose an organization in their city to raise money for and created a signature beverage to serve. We are back to hosting our cornerstone Tasting at Ten event every Friday at 10am in a city near you. Learn more and stop by for a free tasting!
Make this drink at home and share your photos with #CounterCultureCoffee